Setting Up an Account
How to set up an email-visiting account
- Visit the Inmate Canteen page
- Follow the four steps
There are videos that can be watched to assist you in setting up the accounts and how to email an inmate and how to set up a visit from home.
Sending Photos & Other Information to Inmates
You will need to go to the Inmate Canteen page and set up an account to send an email to inmates. Once received at the facility the email will need to be approved by Mille Lacs County Jail Program staff. You will also be able to send a photo to your family or friend that is in jail by going to the same website. You will also be able to sign up and visit by video from home on the same site.
Examples of items available from canteen are:
- Additional food items not found in vending machines
- Greeting cards
- Mailing envelopes
- Writing and drawing paper
If you would like to write an inmate housed in Mille Lacs County Jail there are a few things you need to know:
- All mail must go through the postal system. You can not bring mail to the jail for an inmate. Mail should be addressed to:
Mille Lacs County Jail
640 3rd Street SE
Milaca, MN 56353
- Any items mailed in that are not allowed within the jail will be put in the inmate's personal belongings for him/her to take with them when they are released, and will not be given to the inmate to have with them in their housing unit.
- Inmates are not allowed to have magazines or books to be mailed in to them. They have use of the jail library for these items.
- No pornographic materials are allowed. Please make sure if you mail photos that they are appropriate.
- You may send money in for an inmate. All money mailed in is to be in cash or money order form. See the 'Vending and Phone Cards' section for more information on the types of items that are available for inmate's to purchase.
- You may send photos to an inmate; however, no Polaroid pictures are allowed.
All money mailed in for an inmate must be cash or money order. You can also deposit money in the kiosk at the Sheriff's Office lobby using cash or credit card. If you prefer, you can deposit money with your credit card online by visiting TW Vending, visit the Inmate Canteen page for more information.
An inmate may purchase phone cards on Mondays and Fridays. They may purchase up to 5 cards at a time.